Tuesday, April 28, 2009

my food, family food, USA food

I believe my food habits are just like my family’s food habits. The reason being is because we are very informal so if there’s a dinner we just go and get our food and just find a seat on the couch to eat. Foods we eat are widespread. Since my family is Jewish we are suppose to be kosher but we feel that there is more to life and we should appreciate food. So therefore we break that rule of being Jewish to eat other foods such as pork. But foods we eat can be anything. Things such as beef, chicken, pasta, veggies, potatoes, burgers, and almost anything else you can think of.
These eating habits differentiate from our American way of food culture. The way it does is because we don’t just be eating from American institutions such as McDonalds, Burger King, Subway, Etc. We as a family actually cook our food to be good and special instead of a good for nothing fast food cheeseburger. People who usually cook for holidays are my relatives so that is a special feeling to have. Even though I do most of the cooking in my own apartment. This differentiates from American culture because American culture food like McDonalds is worth nothing. But a home cooked meal by a relative is something special.

No comments: