Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Break Emotional Health

During my break I have had a various amounts of emotional states. Some that extends from being very happy to extremely pissed off. Times where being very happy has occurred is when I was playing baseball and being with my friends. This was because I was getting out of my boring concealed house and getting out having fun. Also this was due to me being able to use my body in a lively athletic way which I enjoy doing though the way of baseball. But the times that I was actually pissed off were times when I actually caused the problem. This was when I forgot to call my dad when I went over to a friend’s house and I was then not allowed to buy New York Rangers playoff tickets. But after this experience I have learned that to help my emotional health all I have to do is listen. So then I will be able to be happier and live a freer life.
In my opinion I don’t believe being emotionally healthy means being happy all the time. I believe it means have the proper balance between the good and bad emotions. The reason I believe so is because nothing I meant to be perfect. So I believe that having a balance of emotions is better than being happy all the time. That is because those people who are too happy and then have to deal with a tiny issue can have the tendency to freak out and blow the issue out of proportion. The reason this happens is because the ones who are too happy don’t know how to deal with adversity. They feel that everything goes their way, so when they get a problem they don’t know how to handle it. That is why someone with a balance is emotionally healthier because they know how to react and live with good and the bad in a balance manor. Instead of getting extremely pissed off at the small things and not caring about the big important things.
Connecting back to the therapy methods I believe that my theory of balance and the therapies ideas of resolving all issues don’t connect. The reason I believe so is because what I have noticed throughout my whole life is that not all problems are going to be solved and life isn’t going to be perfect. So that even though I do believe that talking to a therapist can help, it won’t ever be a permanent solution a person’s life. All it is is a stepping stone for capitalism because what happens is you are able to resolve some issues and you keep coming back for more to attempt to resolve the really hard ones. So when the issues don’t/ can’t get solved you keep going back to therapy for more because your therapist believes you need it. So I believe that having therapy is a temporary cure for some issues, but can never a permanent cure for all/ or big flaws in a person’s life.

No comments: