Saturday, May 9, 2009

Farmers Market

When I was at the farmers market on Friday I noticed that this place had a much natural feel and atmosphere. What I noticed was that all the food there looked much fresher then from the supermarket. I even bought a quart of Apple Cider from one of the stands at the market and since I love Apple Cider I was able to tell that this drink seemed as though it just arrived and off the farm instead of on a supermarket shelf for weeks or even months. Another thing I noticed was that there was no artificial and processed food. In my opinion the closest it got to “artificial,” was the baked goods such as cookies. And the reason I say this was the closest to artificial is because this was the only sweets there. And a lot of the artificial foods are primarily sugar based and that’s why I say the cookies were the closest to artificial.
But after this experience I think I should go to farmers markets more often. I never realized how good things actually are from these places because I primarily do my food shopping at supermarkets or delis. But at farmers markets the products are a lot more fresher and natural instead of processed in a factory by machines assembling them. Therefore I believe this trip kind of changed my view of where I should buy food from because not only is the food cheaper, it is more natural and healthier then what a supermarket can have to offer.

No comments: