Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgivng Part 1

During my thanksgiving I thought that things where pretty normal along the terms of being separate from other thanksgivings. During my thanksgiving I cooked, chilled, and watched the crappiest day of thanksgiving football in my lifetime. This was all fun because I was able to do things that feel special on that one day of the year. On normal days food is just food, but on thanksgiving we sit around and appreciate the meal. Saying to ourselves that during a year with all the crap and aggravation we go through, that we can be with people we love and appreciate a “feast,” and each other. Throughout the day I was able to talk to people I don’t usually see, eat great food I cooked, and watched football. Besides the fact that the games sucked, didn’t subtract the fact that it was a special family day.
But all together I don’t think that families isolate each other’s point of thanksgiving unless they are just rebellious and just take everything into the negative. Even though back in the day when the Indians and the pilgrims started the thanksgiving tradition and then the pilgrims killed the Indians, some might against thanksgiving because you are celebrating how the pilgrims killed the Indians after helping them. But I believe that most people in the world actually look at thanksgiving as a day to forget all the bad and actually focus on the good. So in historical terms is like, so what if the pilgrims killed the Indians, let’s celebrate the thanks they gave to each other before all the hatred and murder. It like, lets bond and remember/ appreciate the good because there is too much bad in the world to celebrate it. Thanksgiving is suppose to be that day where you forget all your problems and have a good time with family. A day to forget all sins and problems but to feel good with ones you love.
In my opinion, the day after thanksgiving is just like any other day. The reason I think so because it is a day where some people go back to work and others stay home and chill. So for most it is just like any other crappy day. For me, all I did was sleep till 2:30 in the afternoon, watch TV, write this blog, and go bowling. Also the day after depending on the person’s situation, you don’t have to spend the day after with family so that’s another way how it is just like any other day. It is when stuff for the most part goes back to normal and for others it’s like “thank you thanksgiving for giving me Thursday and Friday off from work/ school.” So that’s why I feel that the day after isn’t really that significant cause all it is, is chilling and cleaning up from the meal.

No comments: