Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving/ Black Friday relating to a meaningful life

I believe that thanksgiving and black Friday have to do with a good and meaningful life. The reason I think so is because each day has its own meaning in which some people wish to follow. So like thanksgiving is supposed to be a day with food, family, and praise good things. But black Friday/ the day after thanksgiving is more of a chilled out day of cleaning the house after company and etc. But for some it is the one day of the year where you can actually be excited to run out to stores to buy stuff. The reason being is that at stores have the hugest discounts. Most things are on sale for as much as 30-50% and things like are usually around $100.00 can be around $20 or $30. I was one of those people who would’ve felt it being more meaningful if I was able to go shop on black Friday because I really had a chance to buy so much stuff for so much cheaper than if I had to go buy it on a normal day for full price. And me personally, anything other then what I did on black Friday was more meaningful then what I actually did. All I did was stay home, study, and clean up the kitchen from cooking. But in my opinion, I think that black Friday/ buy nothing day is way more meaningful then thanksgiving. Even though it is meaningful to be with family and give thanks to good things, I think the real meaningful things is when we do things like “stick it to the man,” like we do on black Friday. On any normal day the “man’” or the big boss of corporations makes it so that items are really expensive and hard to buy. But on black Friday, that’s like the one day to “stick it to the man,” by us being allowed to practically buy anything we want at extremely low prices. I think the opposite of what we are expected is more meaningful because anything expected is treated like whatever, but those that aren’t expected are things that last forever.

No comments: